- Jack & Jack Stands
- Ratchets (3/8” and 1/2”)
- Brake Fluid
- 10mm, 12mm, 14mm Wrenches
- 12mm, 14mm, 18mm Sockets
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
- 1. Remove shocks from truck.
2. Relocate load sensing proportioning valve. You can drill and tap the plate to mount it back in the previous location so that you do not need to change brake lines.
- 3. Loosen and remove bolts for spare tire carrier (top and
- 4. Remove the spare tire carrier.
- 5. Remove upper shock mounts on both sides.
- 6. Test fit plate in frame. Grind the areas clean where
the plate is to be welded.
- 7. Tack weld the plate to the frame.
- 8. Fully weld the plate to the frame.
- 9. Weld sleeves in desired location for upper shock mounts.
Trim the tube to fit. Tack weld the tube.
- 10. Install second tube above shackle mounts. Trim to fit and
11. Test fit shocks, weld in tubes, and paint. Install shocks.
596 total views