- Ratchet & Socket Set
- Torque Wrench
- Jack & Jack Stands
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. This kit is for off-road use only. The installation of this kit may adversely affect the on-road handling characteristics of your vehicle. It is recommended that the installation steps below be performed by a competent mechanic. Buyers and users of this product hereby expressly assume all risks associated with the installation and use of this kit.
- 1. Place the vehicle securely on jack stands.
2. Loosen, but do not remove, the (2) M10 bolts holding the Center Drive Shaft Bearing to the frame crossmember.
- 3. Remove the stock M10 bolt from one side and discard.
Place one spacer between the Center Drive Shaft
Bearing ange and the frame crossmember. Install one
of the new M10 bolts along with one lock washer and
one at washer. The lock washer should be installed
between the bolt head and the at washer.
4. Repeat Step 3 for the opposite side of the Center Drive Shaft Bearing.
5. Torque both M10 bolts to 27 ft-lbs or to the torque value specified in the Toyota Tacoma Factory Service Manual.
6. Remove the jack stands from the vehicle. Take the vehicle for a short test drive. After the test drive, check the torque on all the hardware and tighten as necessary.
68 total views