- (2) Trail Safe™ Seals
- (4) Rock Rings
- (16) Rock Ring Bolts, Lock Washers
- 3/8” Ratchet
- 10mm Socket
- Small Screwdriver
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
- 1. Lightly grease or lubricate seal.
- 2. The side of the seal with the 4 casting dots, as shown
below, faces the 3rd member when installed.
- 3. The side of the seal with the writing on it, as shown below,
faces the tire when installed.
- 4. Fold seal under on itself like shown in the picture.
- 5. Place folded portion of the seal in the bottom groove of
the knuckle ball like shown below.
- 6. Pull seal up towards the top of the knuckle ball like
- 7. Work the seal up towards the top of the knuckle ball
equally with both hands until seal is tight.
- 8. Using a small screwdriver or pry tool, place it between
the seal and the top of the knuckle ball and gently pry
back to pop the seal onto the knuckle ball. Use caution
not to damage the seal or the surface of the knuckle ball
with the pry tool.
- 8. (Cont'd)
- 9. Now that the seal has been placed on the knuckle
ball, smooth the seal out, making sure that there
are no kinks or dents in the seal.
- 10. Place the one-piece metal retaining ring on the knuckle
- 11. Reinstall steering knuckle on the knuckle ball. NOTE: We
will not be using the OEM felt or the OEM rubber
- 12. Install the one-piece metal retaining ring into the slot on
the back of the knuckle.
- 13. Install the Trail Safe™ Knuckle Ball Wiper Seal over the
one-piece metal retaining ring, trapping the ring in
between the knuckle and the seal.
- 14. Install your Rock Rings over the Trail Safe™ Knuckle
Ball Wiper Seal using the provided hardware.
- 15. When complete, your knuckle ball should look like
531 total views