- Ratchet & Socket Set
- Torque Wrench
- 13mm Combination Wrench
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. This kit is for off-road use only. The installation of this kit may adversely affect the on-road handling characteristics of your vehicle. It is recommended that the installation steps below be performed by a competent mechanic. Buyers and users of this product hereby expressly assume all risks associated with the installation and use of this kit.
- 1. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block
the tires so the vehicle cannot roll in either direction.
2. If you use your vehicle in an area where there is corrosion due to salt, such as a coastal area or on roads where salt is used to melt roadway snow, clean the relocation bracket thoroughly, apply a coat of spray paint, and allow the paint to dry. Otherwise, skip this step and proceed to Step 3.
3. Using a 12mm socket, remove the (2) M8 bolts holding the Brake Proportioning Valve Bracket to the Rear Axle. Save the stock M8 bolts for reinstallation.
- 4. Using a 12mm socket, mount the Relocation Bracket to
the Rear Axle using the (2) M8 bolts removed in Step 3.
Torque the bolts to 13 ft-lbs or to the torque value listed
in the Toyota Tacoma Factory Service Manual.
- 5. Using the M8 bolts, nuts, and washers provided in the
kit, secure the Brake Proportioning Valve Bracket to the
Relocation Bracket with a 13mm socket & 13mm
wrench. Torque the bolts to 16 ft-lbs.
6. Take the vehicle for a short test drive. After the test drive, check the torque on all of the hardware and tighten as necessary.