- Torque Wrench
- Clean Cloth
- Brake Cleaner
- Thin Wall 19mm/21mm Flip Socket (Trail-Gear P/N 170003-KIT)
- Floor Jack & Jack Stands
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. This kit is for off-road use only. It is recommended that the installation steps below be performed by a competent mechanic. Buyers and users of this product hereby expressly assume all risks associated with the installation and use of this kit.
5. DO NOT use more than one wheel spacer per wheel. DO NOT use an impact gun to tighten lug nuts.
- Set the parking brake. Raise the vehicle with a jack and support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel. Clean the lug nuts and wheel mounting surface with brake cleaner and a clean cloth. Save the wheel and lug nuts for re-installation.
- Clean the lug nuts and wheel mounting surface on the hub thoroughly with brake cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Install the spacer onto the hub using the open-end lug nuts provided with wheel spacer. Tighten the lug nuts using a Thin Wall 19mm/21mm socket. Tighten the lug nuts in a star pattern as shown below until all lug nuts are tight
- Using a torque wrench, torque the lug nuts to 100 ft-lbs in the appropriate star pattern as shown above.
- Install the wheel onto the wheel spacer using the lug nuts removed in Step 2. Tighten the lugs nuts in the appropriate star pattern as shown in Step 4. Torque the lug nuts to the torque specified in your owner’s manual. Typically, this will be between 85-110 ft-lbs depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
- After driving the vehicle for 10 miles, remove each wheel and check the torque of the lug nuts on the wheel spacer. Re-tighten as necessary.
- Repeat Step 7 after 50 miles and 100 miles. After that, check the wheel spacer lug nut torque at regular intervals.