- (1) Billet Fan Spacer
- (4) M8-1.25 x 25mm Studs
- (8) M8 Wave Washers
- (4) M6-1.25 x 16mm Hex Bolts
- Drain enough coolant from the radiator to remove the upper hose.
- Remove upper radiator hose.
- Loosen bolts that hold the fan to the water pump. Do not remove them just loosen them while the belt is still on to make removal easier.
- Remove drive belts.
- Remove fan assembly and shroud. Due to minimal clearance you may need to remove the fan assembly and shroud all at once.
- Remove fan pulley to access the studs that hold fan assembly.
- Remove studs from pulley hub.
- Install new supplied studs into pulley hub. Use a mild thread locking compound on the studs.
- Re-install pulley over new studs.
- Install flex fan onto the spacer on the bench before you install the new fan assembly into the vehicle. Tighten using supplied 8mm bolts and wave washers. Use a mild thread locking compound on bolts.
- Set the fan shroud in place but do not tighten.
- Install fan and spacer assembly on to the pulley assembly using factory nuts.
- Tighten shroud to the radiator.
- Install drive belts.
- Tighten fan spacer to pulley nuts.
- Re-install upper radiator hose.
- Turn fan by hand to verify clearance all the way around.
- Top off coolant level, and check for leaks.
590 total views