I purchased this 85' a little over 3 years ago with 173k miles after selling my 1987 that I daily drove. The 87' served as my only form of transportation for the last 3 years of ownership. The majority of the time, I was a full time student as well as a full time employee. My (new to me) 85' has never let me down, starts every time and never fails to bring a smile to my face... especially when the top is off! During my ownership, I have replaced quite a few parts either do to them being broken, leaking, etc. or to upgrade them. First thing I fixed was a leaky front main seal, utilizing the starter bump method like a "true professional". While I was at it, I replaced the water pump and the fan clutch.
- Leaf springs front and rear
- Bilstein 5125's
- Davez Offroad blinker/marker combo light
- Amazon special led headlights aimed low with relays for each.
- Infinite Offroad 4w Rocklight (RGB)
- Fog lights from an old KLR650
- American flag decals
- Kenwood bluetooth headunit
- Bazooka tube behind drivers seat
- Led dash conversion
- Green footwell lighting
- Heated seats
- LCE Street Header Kit (installed by a previous owner)
799 total views