- Attach the temp. control unit to the mounting bracket using the hardware provided, then push the knob onto the control shaft.
- The control can be mounted to any flat surface in the engine compartment that is within 18” of the radiator inlet hose. Use the 3 mounting screws provided.
- Insert the temp. sensor thru the radiator core as close to the inlet hose as possible, then push the rubber insulator cap over the end of the sensor as shown.
- Connect the “C” terminal on the control unit to the positive (+) lead on electric fan unit. For automatic operation, connect the “2” terminal on the control unit to a fused positive (+) source that is capable of powering the electric fan unit (refer to wiring diagram below). Use the female connectors provided.
- If manual control is desired, use P/N 31148 / 31148N. Refer to wiring diagram below.
NOTE: If not using a Flex-a-lite manual switch, DO NOT connect the ground (-) wire to the switch!
To Adjust Temperature Control
- Turn the adjusting knob on the controller completely clockwise. Idle the vehicle.
- When the engine temperature gets above normal, turn the adjusting knob counterclockwise until fan activates. Adjusting knob may be adjusted counter-clockwise to reduce the temperature at which fan a activates.
556 total views