- Chase all thread holes before installing. Use M11 X 1.25 tap to clean threads in the block. Make sure each stud threads into the block completely.
- Check thread pitch to make sure the correct end goes into the block. (Allen head faces out)
- Install Main Studs into the block using a 3/16” Allen wrench (snug) DO NOT TORQUE!
- Enlarge main girdle holes to compensate for the larger diameter of the studs. Use a 15/32” drill bit and deburr.
- Install main girdle, washers, and nuts using the ARP Lube (supplied) to 80 Ft. Lbs.
- Verify all bearing clearances are to spec after final torque. Not verifying bearing clearances can cause premature engine failure.
- LC Engineering highly recommends line honing the block when using studs.
- Main Bore Specs: 2.6776 to 2.6783 (Without bearing)
- Main Bearing Clearance: .0020 to .003 (LC Engineering Spec)
- Crank Thrust Clearance: .005 to .009 (LC Engineering Spec)
NOTE: May need to surface thrust bearings to retain proper thrust clearances
464 total views