- ⅜" ½" Ratchets
- 14mm, 17mm, 7/16", ½", 9/16" Sockets
- 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 22mm, 7/16", ½", 9/16" Wrenches
- Chain Wrench
- Floor Jack & Jack Stands
- Phillips / Flathead Screwdrivers
- Side Cutters
- Drill & 8mm or 5/16" Drill Bit
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. This pump and bracket is designed to fit all Toyota V6 3.0 Pickups and 4Runners from 1989-1995. This kit does not work with 3.0 Tacoma’s. This kit will not work on 4Runners with a functioning AC, because the AC cooling fan must be removed for the placement of the PS Pump cooler.
5. Never use ATF fluid, or a semi-synthetic blend. This will void the warranty. Ok to use standard power steering fluid or a full synthetic. Royal Purple fully synthetic power steering fluid recommended.
1. Remove the battery
2. Remove power steering pump pulley. Loosen main bolt with belt still tight. A chain wrench may be required.
3. Disconnect the vacuum lines from the power steering pump and replace with two 1/4” vacuum caps at the manifold.
4. Disconnect hydraulic lines from the brake actuator (located behind the passenger side front tire). Have a pan ready to catch any drainage. Once drained, remove lines from power steering pump. IMPORTANT: Save bolt and crush washer from banjo fitting. (NOTE: If you have a non-ABS 3.0, please see step 4 continued at the end of these instructions.)
4. Continued - Non ABS: Supplied in the non-ABS 3.0 kit is a longer power steering pressure hose and longer return line. This is so you can run the high pressure power steering line from your power steering pump straight to your power steering gearbox or IFS box
5. Remove the power steering pump and its main support bracket. IMPORTANT: Save lower bolt.
6. Loosen fixtured wire channel from underneath inner fender using a screwdriver to gently pry the clips through the holes.
6. Continued - Non ABS: The high pressure steering line will attach to the steering box as shown in the photo below.
7. Test fit bracket with reservoir attached to ensure clearance below for suction line. Mark hole locations and drill through inner fender with an 8mm or 5/16” drill bit. Fasten bracket with 1/4" x 3/4" bolt, 1/4” stover nuts, and 1/4” fender washer. Refasten wire channel.
8. Loosely fasten power steering bracket to pump. Attach the adjuster bracket to pump, then to lower support bracket using previously saved bolt. Attach to engine using 5/16” nuts and bolts. Attach high pressure line from pump to ABS actuator using previously saved banjo bolt and crush washer.
9. Re-insert the stock bolt with the provided spacer In the location shown.
9. Continued: Mount cooler to the radiator using the ties provided. Connect two 3/8” hoses from cooler to ABS actuator and side port on the reservoir.
10. Attach #10 straight fitting with super flex hose to bottom of reservoir and mount reservoir to bracket using 3/8” nuts and bolts. Trim excess super flex hose if necessary and attach 120° JIC fitting to power steering pump.