- ⅜ Ratchet
- 17mm Socket
- Rubber Mallet
- Seal Remover
- Blue Loctite
Additional Items Needed:
- Single or dual, gear-driven transfer case
- Replacement cross-member
- Speedometer extension cable or electrical wire for electronic speed sensor
- Second transfer case mount
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
1. Apply silicone to the mating surface of your gear drive transfer case.
2.Fasten together with Provided M10-1.25 bolts, washers and nuts. Use the shorter bolts in the lower two bolt holes. NOTE: If you have an automatic transmission, skip to step 6.
3. Remove stock seal from back of the transmission.
4. Install provided coupler to the transmission.
5. Install the seal housing with seal with a rubber mallet. NOTE: If you have a manual transmission, skip to step 15.
6. Remove 7 bolts to separate the rear transmission housing from the transmission.
7. Remove snap ring of the rear support bearing.
8. Remove the rear transmission seal.
9. Remove the rear support bearing.
10. Support bearing removed.
11. Clean mating surface and apply silicone.
12. Re-attach the rear transmission housing with 7 bolts and install sleeve.
13. Apply silicone to the seat of the seal housing.
14. Install the seal housing with a rubber mallet.
15. Your dual transfer case is now ready to mount to your transmission. Use the provided M8-1.25 bolts and washers on the specified holes. Complete the installation with the stock hardware.
275 total views