- (1) Dual Adapter, V6 88-95
- (1) Coupler, V6 23S-23S
- (6) Bolt, M10-1.25x35
- (2) Bolt, M10-1.25x30 Flat Head Allen Bolt
- (1) Seal
- (1) Seal Adapter
- (1) Tube, Ultra Grey silicone
- (1) Instructions
- ⅜ Ratchet
- 12mm, 14mm, 17mm Sockets
- 14mm Wrench (2)
- 6mm Allen Head Driver
- Rubber Mallet
- Seal Remover
- Blue LocTite®
- Parts Cleaner Spray
Additional Items Needed:
- Single or dual, gear driven transfer case
- Replacement single or dual V6 crossmember
- Speedometer extension (dual 1988-1991 only)
- 4Cyl VSS (1992-1995 only)
- Second transfer case mount (dual only)
- 2-3 Quarts of 90W gear oil
Before assembling adapter plate:
- Remove front and rear drive shaft
- Remove transfer case shifter and boot
- Disconnect speedometer cable or sensor
- Disconnect 4 wheel drive indicator
- Support transmission with a transmission jack
- Remove transfer case crossmember
- Remove 9 bolts holding stock case to the transmission using 14 mm socket
- Remove transfer case
If you have any questions during the installation of your kit, please call us for assistance. These instructions were photographed with the transmission out of the truck. It is not necessary to remove the transmission in order to install this adapter. Only the transfer case needs to be removed from the truck for installation.
1. Apply silicone to face of single or dual transfer case assembly.
2. Install adapter plate on face of transfer case, using 4 M10-1.25x35 bolts (provided). We recommend applying blue LocTite® to threads before installation. Torque four plate bolts to 30 ft. lbs.
After Assembling Adapter Plate & T/Case(s):
- Install replacement v6 dual transfer case crossmember
- Reconnect 4 wheel drive indicator (This may require cutting and splicing connector from original case) 1988-1991 Application, reconnect speedometer cable (Use speedometer extension cable for dual case applications) 1992-1995 Application will need a replacement VSS for the transfer case
- Reattach front and rear drive shafts (drive shaft lengths may need to be changed).
- Fill transfer case with 90W GL5 gear oil, check gear oil level in transmission.
- Reinstall transfer case shifter and boot.
- Drain and replace transfer case oil after the first 1,000 miles and every 30,000 thereafter. Full synthetic gear oil may be used.
410 total views