- 17mm Socket and Ratchet
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
1. Disconnect Trailer lights & brakes connector, disconnect license plate lights connector. Both connectors are located behind the spare tire in between the frame rails on the driver’s side of the truck.
2. Remove the 10 OEM bolts that attach the OEM rear bumper to the frame (5 per side)
3. With the help of a second person remove the OEM rear bumper. Note: There is a locating pin in the OEM rear bumper mounting plate, so in order to remove the OEM bumper from the frame you will need to lift the bumper up and then away from the truck in order for the locating pin to clear the frame upon removal.
4. With the help of a second person slide the Trail-Gear Rear Bumper on to the frame starting from the rear of the truck pushing towards the front, in line with the frame until the holes in the Trail-Gear bumper mounting plate line up with the OEM Rear Bumper mounting holes in the frame. Proceed by either using the provided hardware or the OEM hardware that you removed during the removal of the OEM rear bumper to bolt up your new Trail-Gear bumper.
5. Install all 10 bolts and leave each bolt lose until all 10 bolts are installed, then proceed to tighten each bolt to a torque ratting of (67ft/lbs.).
127 total views