- Ratchet and socket set
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Adjustable Wrench
- Hacksaw or Chop Saw
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. Any variation from these instructions or parts will void the 50-state smog legal certication..
1. Remove the original air duct (crossover tube) clamps and remove the air duct from the vehicle. On 1988-1995 vehicles, also remove the EGR hose from the air cleaner canister.
2. Unplug the Mass Air Sensor (MAS) electrical cord from the MAS.
3. Unbolt and remove the original air cleaner canister from the vehicle.
4. Remove the MAS from the original air cleaner canister. Mount the MAS onto the flat side of the new air cleaner canister.
5. Mount the 3/4" plastic hose fitting (or plug) into the side hole in the air cleaner.
6. The portion of the wiring harness that lays on the inner fender apron below the original air cleaner canister must be rerouted rearward (out of air cleaner mounting area). Two 3/8" insulated loom clamps and sheet metal screws have been provided for this purpose.
7. Mount the air cleaner onto the inner fender apron. The front hole in the bottom of the air intake should align with the original air cleaner front hole location on the fender apron. Install 8mm bolts and nuts.
8. Connect the new air duct to the throttle body hose and MAS hose. Note: If the air duct is too long, trim (with a hacksaw) the end that attaches to the MAS, not the throttle body.
9. Attach the new conical air cleaner to the back side of the air cleaner and tighten the clamp.
10. On 1988-1995 vehicles, attach the EGR hose to the plastic hose fitting installed in Step #5. Note: It may be necessary to purchase a new length of hose and/or fittings from a local parts store for connection between the EGR system and the Trail-Gear air cleaner on 1988-1995 vehicles.
11. Attach the MAS electrical cord to the MAS.
12. Apply the provided C.A.R.B. decal to the underside of the hood
1,361 total views