- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing(refer to the Kit Contents List on the rest page of these instructions). If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. This kit is for off-road use only. Buyers and users of this product hereby expressly assume all risks associated with the installation and use of this kit.
- 1. Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps are measured from
the centers of the mounting holes.
2. Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps stretch considerably less than other brands of limit straps. This should be taken into consideration when replacing another brand of limit straps with Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps, as mounting positions may need to be changed or moved.
3. Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps should be installed in such a manner that they reach full extension before the shock reaches full extension. A good rule of thumb is that the Limit Strap should be fully extended when the shock is 1” short of full extension.
4. Do not allow the nylon strap material to rub against a sharp metal edge. This will cause the nylon material to abrade and cause the limit strap to fail.
5. Never mount the Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Strap in such a manner as to allow the buckle to be xed at an angle to the mounting surface (see picture below). This will put bending loads on the buckle and cause the buckles to fail. Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps should always be installed in such a manner as to allow the buckles to be parallel to the mounting surface and the direction of loading. The Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps should be installed in such a manner as to allow the buckles to pivot around the mounting bolt.
6. Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps are much stronger than other brands of limit straps and require stronger mounting points. Below are some recommended methods of mounting Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Straps.
7. Periodically inspect Rock Assault™ 6-Ply Limit Strap for excessive wear. Periodically inspect the mounting hardware and tighten as necessary.
696 total views