- Flathead Screwdriver
- Drill & 1/4" Drill Bit
- Ratchet & Socket set
- Adjustable Wrench
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
4. Any variation from these instructions or parts will void the 50-state smog legal certification.
1. Disconnect the Mass Airow Sensor harness from the Mass Airow Sensor.
2. Disconnect all hoses and air ducting between the engine and the stock Air Cleaner.
3. Unbolt and remove the entire Air Cleaner Assembly and Intake Air Connector from the vehicle. Unbolt the Mass Airow Sensor from the Air Cleaner Cap. Save the Mass Airow Sensor and rubber gasket for re-installation.
5. Position the Air Intake Bracket back into the vehicle and secure using the stock bolt or the M8 Bolt & 5/16” Washer provided.
6. Align the steel Support Bracket with the mounting hole in the Air Intake Bracket and against the flat spot on the inner fender panel. Mark the location and drill a 9/32” diameter mounting hole at the marked location on the inner fender panel. CAUTION: The Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir is directly under the inner fender. Use care to avoid drilling into the Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir. Note: In some instances, the support bracket may need to be slightly bent to align with the fender panel correctly.
8. If the vehicle is installed with a charcoal canister, install the Nylon 3/8” Barbed x ½” NPS Fitting into the corresponding ½” NPS hole in the Air Intake Bracket. If the vehicle is not equipped with a charcoal canister, install the ½” NPS plug into the ½” NPS hole in the Air Intake Bracket.
13.Install the Air Filter onto the Air Intake Bracket and secure the hose clamp provided on the Air Filter.
17. As needed, wash & re-oil the Air Filter using a commercially-available reusable filter recharger kit.
701 total views