LC Engineering’s Pro intake tube has been designed to fit on a stock air box application or with a K&N filter kit.
- 1. Remove plastic intake tube from air meter to throttle body. Leave the rubber boot on the throttle body, as this new tube still uses it.
2. Remove auxiliary ¾” tube from air box and air valve resonator
3. Clean inside of new intake tube to ensure there is no debris left over from shipping that can find its way into the motor.
4. Install new intake tube with supplied clamps and silicone hose coupler on air meter side. The tube is a tight fit from the factory elbow to the throttle body; silicone lubricant will make installation easier. The ‘fat’ end of the tube goes on the air meter side.
5. There are two options on the ¾” bypass tube that goes from the resonator back into the air filter: 1. To retain the air tube from the air filter to the air valve resonator, install ¾” hose between the resonator and the air box. Clamp both ends snugly. 2. To remove this air tube, simply install the supplied vacuum cap to the air box where the old tube came out, then install the supplied breather to the top of the resonator and tighten clamp snugly. Do not over-torque or you cam damage the resonator
6. Position the tube in such a way as to achieve the best possible fit and clearance from the radiator and hood. You can loosen the upper radiator hose and twist it around slightly to gain more clearance.
7. Tighten clamps snug. Do not over torque clamps.
8. Perform final fit check by verifying that the new tube kit clears all moving engine parts such as the fan, pulleys, belts etc...
495 total views