This Pro Flow Exhaust System is designed to fit 1984 to 1988 4Runners with 22R/RE and 3VZ engines and rear leaf spring suspension.
NOTE: This kit will not fit coil sprung 4Runners.
- 1. Remove the stock exhaust system from the catalytic converter on back. Be careful not to damage the hangers or brackets.
2. Install the muffler into the stock hangers.
3. Attach the tailpipe section using a 2-bolt flange gasket. Bolt to the muffler and attach rear hanger. Do not tighten yet.
4. Check alignment and location of muffler and tailpipe. Hangers may require a slight adjustment for proper alignment.
5. Install the front “S” pipe to the muffler with supplied clamp (do not tighten yet).
6. Bolt “S” pipe to rear of your catalytic converter using a 2-bolt flange gasket.
7. Check the clearance of your Pro Flow Exhaust System to the floor pan, chassis components, parking brake cable assembly, driveshaft, etc. Adjust system as needed.
8. Starting at the front, tighten bolts working towards the front and back, then firmly tighten the exhaust clamps.
9. Start engine and check for exhaust leaks. Tighten flanges and clamps as needed.
NOTE: LC Engineering recommends using O2 safe, high-temperature silicon on slip connections for small exhaust leaks.
247 total views