This Pro Flow Exhaust System is designed to fit 1989 to 1995 4Runners with 22R/RE and 3VZ engines and rear coil spring suspension.
NOTE: This exhaust kit will not fit leaf sprung 4Runners and will only work with a 17.5” catalytic converter (or test pipe).
- 1. Remove the stock exhaust system from the catalytic converter on back. Be careful not to damage the hangers or brackets.
2. Install the muffler into the stock hangers. The offset side of the muffler goes towards the back of the vehicle so that the hangers also point towards the rear of the vehicle.
3. Attach the tailpipe section using a 2-bolt flange gasket. Bolt to the muffler and attach rear hanger. Do not tighten yet.
4. Check alignment and location of muffler and tailpipe. Hangers may require a slight adjustment for proper alignment.
5. Connect front pipe to back of catalytic converter using a 2-bolt flange gasket.
6. Check the clearance of your Pro Flow Exhaust System to the floor pan, chassis components, parking brake cable assembly, driveshaft, etc. Adjust system as needed.
7. Starting at the muffler, tighten bolts working towards the front and back.
8. Start engine and check for exhaust leaks. Tighten flanges and clamps as needed.
905 total views