8012229 M11x1.25 To 7/16x20 Stud – Long
8012187 M11x1.25 To 7/16x20 Stud – Short
8012178 7/16x20 12 Point Nut
8012176 7/16 ID x 13/16 OD Washers
8017073 ARP Moly Lube
- Chase all thread holes before installing. Use 11mm x 1.25 tap to clean threads in the block. Make sure each stud threads into block all the way. Use Moly lube on threads.
- Be sure to check thread pitch to make sure correct end goes into block (Allen head faces out).
- Install head studs in block with 3/16 Allen wrench Snug tight. Do not torque.
- 2 studs in this kit are shorter. These studs will go under the camshaft drive gears in the head. (Not to be mistaken for the timing chain gear) When installing these shorter studs do not thread in all the way. Leave these 2 studs sticking up far enough to be even with the top of the nut when torqued to specs.
- Install head over studs. Install washers and nuts on studs, torque nuts to 75-80ft lbs using ARP Moly or Ultra-Torque lube or equivalent. Be sure to use factory torque sequence.
- After installation and torquing the head install camshafts and verify cam gear stud clearance
771 total views