In some cases it may be necessary to trim the two front gusset to allow room for the front two head studs. You can check for clearance by installing the valve cover without any gasket. Another solution to this problem is to run the LC pro valve cover as this is already done to all our covers. (Pictures shown below also display the valve cover baffle modification in order to run the LCE Dual Row Timing Chain Conversion Kit)
Installation: (It is important to install in this order)
- To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with ARP Thread Chaser.
- Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
- Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
- Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
- Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts on to the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low quality lubricants are used. PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS.
- Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 90 ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.
139 total views