- Clean all thread holes in block with carb cleaner (or equivalent) and compressed air.
- If the studs thread easily into the block then you do not need to tap the threads, make sure each stud threads into block all the way. Since this engine uses an aluminum block it is important not to tap the threads if they do not need it!! Tap all thread holes only as needed. The thread pitch in the block is 11mm x 1.50.
- LC Engineering recommends installing the head gasket and head first, then installing the studs. This will keep the studs from damaging the head as it goes over them.
- Be sure to check thread pitch to make sure correct end goes into block (Allen head faces up).
- Install main studs in block with 3/16 Allen wrench Snug tight. Do not torque. Make sure to use moly lube on all threads!
- Install washers and nuts on studs, torque nuts to 85ft lbs using ARP Moly or Ultra-Torque lube or equivalent. Be sure to use factory torque sequence.
234 total views