LC Engineering has put together this kit in order to replace your old and worn rocker arm assembly. It is recommended to replace rocker arms every time you replace the camshaft.
Installation (It is important to install in this order):
1. Before you start make sure you have all the components. (You will be re-utilizing your stock stands, spacers and springs. Make sure you clean all your parts thoroughly).
2. Align your stands, make sure all the arrows point in the same direction, to the front of the engine.
3. Install the valve adjust screw, with the flat side towards the valve tip. After that, install the nut on the upper part of the valve adjust screw.
4. Proceed to install the shafts inside the stand # 1. The shafts will only line up with the stand one way , if they are reversed, they will not line up.
5. Loc-tite the allen bolts and using the zinc washers, screw them in to secure the shaft inside the stand
6. Following the pattern of the valves on the cylinder head install the first two springs and two rockers arms. (Alternating between spring and rocker arm) (This will be for cylinder #4).
7. Install the stand #2 (The one with the valve cover stud location holes)(Remember to keep all the arrows in the middle of the stands pointing towards the front side of the engine, which is towards the stand #5 which will be the last one to be installed). And proceed to install the other two springs and two rocker arms (For cylinder #3).
8.Before you install the stand #3 make sure you slide the round spacer on the intake side, right after the intake rocker arm for cylinder #3. Install stand #3 (The one with the oil passage in the middle), right after installing the stand #3 slide the other round spacer on the intake side, just before the intake rocker arm for cylinder #2. Proceed to install the next two springs and two rocker arms (For cylinder #2)
9.Install the stand #4 (The one that looks just like the #3 but with no oil passage on it) and proceed to install rocker arms and springs for cylinder #1.
10.Install the last stand, #5 (The one with only 1 hole for an allen bolt on the intake side and 2 valve cover stud locations) at the end of the shafts and screw the allen bolt in in order to secure the shaft in it.
11.Proceed to lube every rocker arm shaft by compresing the spring with the rocker arm and using a fine brush, apply engine oil or assembly lube uniformly.
NOTE: Always use Cam Lube on Rocker Pads and Cam Lobes, proceed to follow camshaft break in procedure. Failure to follow these instructions explicitly may make installation more difficult. We strongly urge you to read and understand these directions, and follow them directly.
180 total views