- (3) 3VZ EGR Manifold Block Plates
- (1) 5/8 Vacuum Cap
- (4) 1/8 Vacuum Cap
- (1) Resistor 5.7K Ohm, 10K Ohm 1Each
- 1. Disconnect the EGR tubes that run from the passenger side manifold to the intake manifold. Retain the EGR heat sensor plug in the harness as that is where we will install a resistor. Also remove the air injection reed valve tube from the manifold. Both parts will not be reused.
2. Use the EGR block plate on the intake manifold to block off where the EGR tube came out. Use the original gasket or O2 safe high temp RTV, (figure 4).
3. On the left front of the engine install 1/8 vacuum cap on stock steel line that the EGR valve connected to, (figure 1).
4. We also are removing the air injection pair valve. Follow the large hose off the pair valve and remove the hose under the intake manifold . Install the 5/8 vacuum cap, use the stock clamp. (figure 1 & 2)
5. The EGR heat sensor plug in the harness is where we will install a resistor. We supply two, a 10k ohm and a 5.7k Ohm. Start with the 10k resistor if the check engine light comes on switch resistor to the 5.7k Ohm. Use electrical tape to cover the plug and resistor, (figure 3)
3,340 total views