- ⅜” Ratchet & extensions
- 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm Sockets
- Cutoff Wheel
- Paint Pen
- Gasket Scraper
- Permatex Ultra Grey
- 1. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing. If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
3. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, at, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
2.7L Installation Instructions: (See below for 3.4L)
1. Remove the oil pan.
2. Remove dipstick bracket hardware.
3. Remove the stock dipstick.
4. Apply Ultra Grey to bottom of freeze plug.
5. Place freeze plug in stock dipstick hole.
6. Lightly tap freeze plug to secure it into place.
7. Locate the small freeze plug approximately 2” behind motor mount.
8. Using a punch, remove the freeze plug.
9. Install the new dipstick tube into the block using ultra grey at the mating surface.
10. Mark and drill a hole in the motor mount bracket to mount the dipstick tube. We drilled a 5/16” hole and used an 8mm bolt.
11. Fasten the dipstick tube to the motor mount.
12. Remove the stock strainer and install the new one.
13. Using a razor, clean the oil pan mating surface on the block.
14. Apply a bead of ultra grey to the oil pan mating surface.
15. Install the new oil pan. The strainer now sits towards the back of the truck.
16. Re-install the dust shield.
17. Install the drain plug with gasket.
3.4L Installation Instructions:
1. Remove dust shield.
2. Remove the oil pan.
3. Remove the stock strainer and replace it with the new one.
4. Using a razor, clean the oil pan mating surface on the block.
5. Mark the stock dipstick 1/8” below the full line and cut off the excess. The stock full level on the dipstick will still be used and 6 1/2 quarts of oil are used.
6. Re-install the dip stick into the block.
7. Apply a bead of ultra grey to the oil pan mating surface.
8. Install the new oil pan. The strainer now sits towards the back of the truck.
9. Re-install the dust shield. The circled bolt will need to be shortened by 3/8”.
10. Install the drain plug with gasket.
2,605 total views