For proper bearing clearances line honing the block is required when using main studs.
1. Before installing studs into block, chase threads using a M12x1.25 tap and clean to make sure no debris is left in holes that can cause potential damage to studs or block when installing the studs.
2. Install main studs into block using ARP Molly Lube with Allen head facing up. **Hand tighten only, do not torque studs**
3. On Center Main (Thrust Bearing) Cap (ONLY) open up existing bolt holes using a ½” reamer or Drill Bit & de-bur, this will allow the cap to center with the block thrust bearing surface.
4. Install main caps over studs and check for binding or misalignment. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with Ultra-Torque Fastener Lubricant then install washers and nuts on studs and hand tighten. Following the Manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 90ft lbs using Ultra-Torque lube.
5. Verify all bearing clearances are to proper clearance specifications after final torque. Not verifying all bearing clearances can cause premature engine failure.
633 total views