Items Needed For Install:
- Form In Place Gasket Part #: 00295-00103 or equivalent
- Teflon Paste
- Thread Locker, Loctite # 242 (blue)
- Standard Shop Tools
- ½” Masking tape for marking parts
- Shop Towels or Rags
- Black Electrical Tape
- Safety Goggles
- Crank Pulley Holder 09213-58012 / 09330-00021
- Toyota Land Cruiser Repair Manual
- 1. Before you begin make sure the fuel in your tank has been completely switched over to premium 91 octane. This is necessary to avoid any pinging once the supercharger has been installed.
2. We recommend you blow off any dirt and dust from the top of the engine. This allows for a neater and cleaner installation. In addition, a clean engine work area prevents dirt from dislodging during the installation and falling into the engine.
3. Make sure the engine is fully cooled before beginning
4. To help you later, we suggest you draw diagrams of your engine’s cable routing before disconnecting anything. You can do the same for the vacuum lines. However, some vacuum lines will be rerouted. To ensure proper hose connections, refer to the illustration in the back of this manual.
5. You will reuse some of the factory nuts and bolts while installing this supercharger kit. Therefore, as you remove them, keep them together with their components or label them for location. This assures a faster, easier installation.
- 1. Disconnect battery.
2. Remove engine under‐cover.
3. Drain engine coolant from radiator.
4. Loosen the two alternator belts (but do not remove them).
5. Remove the crank pulley bolt but do not remove the pulley. Refer to the repair manual for the proper removal procedure.
6. Remove and or disconnect the parts in the following illustration.
Drive Assembly Installation:
- 1. Remove the fluid coupling from the O.E. fan and reinstall onto the supplied fan using the (4) existing M6 flange nuts. Torque to: 8.5 Nm (75 in lbs)
2. Install the supercharger pulley onto the existing crank pulley with (2) M8‐1.25 x 30mm hex bolts and M8 flat washers. NOTE: Apply Loctite #242 (blue) to the bolt threads. Tighten the bolts to 15 ft lbs.
3. Install the new M22‐1.50 x 90 mm supercharger crank bolt and the M22 Washer. NOTE: Apply Loctite #242 onto the bolt Threads. Tighten the pulley bolt to manufacturer’s specifications. Torque to 412 Nm (304 ft lbs)
4. Install the idler pulley/belt tensioner assembly using (2) supplied M8‐1.25 x 25mm flange bolts. Tighten these bolts to O.E. specifications. Torque to 21 Nm (15 ft lbs).
5. Remove the (4) existing studs from the cooling fan mounting flange, then install (4) supplied longer studs (M8‐1.25 x 45 mm) and the fan spacer. NOTE: Apply Loctite #242 onto the water pump end of each stud.
6. Reinstall the fan shroud and fan assembly, then install the fan using (4) supplied M8‐1.25 nylock nuts. Tighten the nuts to O.E. specifications. Torque 5 Nm (44 in lbs) Reinstall the radiator inlet hose and #3 bypass hose onto the radiator.
Engine Compartment Preparement:
- 1. Remove the two throttle cable brackets and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) label attached to the cylinder head (if installed). NOTE: To remove the VIN plate, notch the two roundhead bolts, then use a slotted screwdriver to remove the hold‐down bolts.
- 2. Remove the throttle body as follows: Disconnect existing vacuum and coolant lines and the Idle Air Control (IAC) and Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness connectors from the throttle body. Remove the throttle body from the intake manifold and set aside in the engine compartment. Remove the old throttle body gasket. NOTE: Do not disconnect or disturb throttle or cruise control cable settings.
- 3. Install the new heater pipe and gasket using the (2) existing hex nuts and (1) bolt. NOTE: Rotate and align the existing heater hose, then install onto the heater pipe. If the heater hose is equipped with a cotter pin‐ type clamp, remove the clamp and replace it with the supplied 1 1/4” hose clamp. If necessary, bend the metal tabs on the heater pipe to clear the A/C line.
4. Install the stud (M8‐1.25 x 80 mm) into the cylinder head as shown. NOTE: Apply Loctite #242 to the cylinder head end of the stud.
- 5. Install the supercharger plenum assembly I.D. No. Fasteners
- (A) = (2) M10‐1.25 x 80 mm hex bolts & washers
- (B) = (1) M8‐1.25 x 30 mm hex bolt & washer
- (C) = (1) M8 Flange nut (no washer)
6. Apply gasket sealer to the supercharger‐toplenum mounting surface and to the mounting surface of the throttle body adapter as shown. NOTE: Use Loctite #518 or FIPG
7. Install the supercharger onto the plenum using (4) M8‐1.25 flange nuts. Tighten the nuts to 14‐16 ft•lbs.
8. Pre-assemble the 1 1/2” x 2” hose onto the throttle body adapter using the supplied hose clamps. Install the hose onto the bypass valve elbow and the throttle body adapter onto the supercharger. Use (4) M8‐1.25 x 50 mm hex bolts and washers to install the throttle body adapter. NOTE: Tighten the bolts to 14‐16 ft•lbs. Install the hose clamps in the direction shown. A spare clamp has been provided for for the next step in case the OE clamp does not fit.
9. Extend the existing coolant hose to the throttle body using a 5/16” x 24” hose and a 5/16” male/ male barbed hose fittings and the supplied spring clamps. Route this hose under the intake manifold. NOTE: Use the medium spring clamp on the barbed end of the hose.
10. Install the throttle body onto the throttle body adapter using the supplied gasket. Use the existing O.E. (2) short and (2) long bolts. Tighten the bolts to 14‐16 ft lbs.
Install Vacuum/Fluid Hoses Modify Electrical Harness:
- 1. Install a 5/16” x 28” coolant hose between the throttle body and the thermostat housing as shown using the supplied spring clamps.
2. Secure the new coolant bypass hose to the heater pipe brackets using (2) Adel clamps, (2) M6‐1.25 x 16 mm hex bolts, (4) M6 flat washers and (2) M6 nylock nuts.
3. Relocate the existing TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and IAC (Idle Air Control) harness connectors as follows:
- Disconnect the main wire harness from the engine connections as shown.
- Carefully cut open the main wire harness wire loom to provide enough harness slack so the TPS and IAC connectors can reach the relocated throttle body. NOTE: Do not cut any wires. You will have to cut the loom several inches to gain enough slack so the IAC and TPS connectors can reach the throttle body.
- Cover the exposed TPS and IAC wire harnesses with (2) supplied 3/8” x 16” split looms. Wrap the remaining wire harness with (1) 1/2” x 12” split loom using electrical tape as shown.
4. Remove the cable bracket from the charcoal canister, then install in the location shown to secure the cruise control cable.
- 5. Install the new brake booster pipe as follows:
- Remove the bolt holding the ground strap to the cylinder head
- Remove the bolt holding the heater hose bracket on the intake manifold just below the EGR valve.
- Install the brake booster pipe using the bolts removed in the above steps.
6. Remove the brake booster hose from the intake manifold and connect it to the new brake booster pipe. Note the hose routing path.
7. Connect the other end of the brake booster pipe to the throttle body adapter with the 11/32"x4" hose and supplied spring clamps.
- 8. Using (4) wide band clamps, pre‐assemble the 90intake pipe with (2) 3” x 3” hoses onto the intake runner. Install this assembly between the plenum and the intake manifold using (4) M8‐1.25 x 25mm flange bolts and a new intake manifold
(throttle body) gasket. Tighten the bolts to 14‐16 ft lbs.
9. Preassemble the breather hose assembly (1/2” x 24” hose, 90elbow and 1/2” x 2” hose) then install between the throttle body and the valve cover (see illustration, step 12).
10. Remove the existing PCV hose, then install the new PCV hose (5/16” x 12”) between the PCV valve and the vacuum port on the intake manifold using the supplied spring clamps. NOTE: Make sure the PCV valve in the cam cover is clean. The valve is okay if it rattles when shaken.
11. Remove the existing brake booster nipple from the intake manifold, then install the supplied 1/8” BSP plug. NOTE: Apply Teflon onto the threads of the 1/8” BSP plug.
- 12. Install and confirm vacuum, coolant and breather hose connections as shown.
13. Reinstall the air cleaner assembly with the air intake pointed in the direction shown.
14. Using (4) wide band clamps, install the U‐shaped intake pipe and (2) 3” x 2 1/4” hoses between the air cleaner and the throttle body
- 15. Reinstall the MAF Meter connector onto the air cleaner.
16. Install the relocated TPS and IAC harness connectors onto the throttle body.
17. Install the new supercharger drive belt. Route the serpentine belt as shown. NOTE: Proper drive belt tension is provided by the spring‐loaded auto tensioner. Rotate the auto tensioner with a 15 mm wrench to create enough slack to install and/or remove the belt.
- 1. Reinstall the following parts and verify vacuum and coolant hose connections and
- Battery tray
- Battery and hold‐down clamp
2. Refill the system with coolant.
3. Reconnect the battery cables.
4. Run the engine for about 15 minutes and check for leaks.
5. Apply the premium fuel stickers to the fuel gauge and fuel filler door.
6. Apply a Magnuson belt routing sticker to the underside of the hood.
8. Test Drive the vehicle. Listen for any unusual noises, vibrations, or engine misfires. The supercharger does have a slight whining noise under boost conditions, which is normal. Listen for engine detonation (pinging). If any detonation is heard let up on the throttle immediately. Most detonation is caused by low octane gasoline still in the tank. Premium fuel is required.
9. Recheck your coolant level. Top off as necessary. Your installation is now complete. Enjoy your new Supercharger.l the system with coolant.