This Kit was designed to fit the “CS-130” Alternator Case. All “1 Wire” Testing was conducted using the following:
Alternator-Remfd. Delco: 125Si; 12 volt; 94 amp
NAPA part number: NAE 67294
The listed part number for the NAE 67294 is 7294SE and is the most common part number used. Most auto parts stores should be able to cross reference this number.
- 1. The Installation of a “1 Wire” Alternator removes the functionality of the “Charge” warning light.
2. Read all instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
3. Check to make sure the kit is complete and that no parts are missing(refer to the Kit Contents List on the first page of these instructions). If anything is missing, please contact Trail-Gear at (559) 252-4950.
4. Park vehicle on a clean, dry, flat, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle can not roll in either direction.
- 3/8” Drive Ratchet
- AFR Gauge
- Wrenches - 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 19mm, 11/16”
- Sockets 10mm, 14mm
- 1. Paint the new brackets to prevent rust.
2. Remove air intake components.
3. Remove upper radiator hose (drain radiator sufficiently to prevent spillage).
4. Disconnect all wires from the battery.
5. Remove all belts.
6. Remove old alternator from truck.
7. Remove fan shroud.
8. Support the engine before removing alternator bracket bolts.
9. Remove (4) 14mm head bolts holding the lower alternator bracket. You may need to loosen the other 2 motor mount bolts to remove the bracket.
10. Install new bracketing using M10-1.25 bolt in lower left bolt hole.
11. Bolt in the new alternator on lower bracket using 3/8”-16 nut and bolt.
12. Connect the heavy gauge wire (originally removed from the stock alternator), and connect it to the hot post.
13. Install tension bracket with stock bolt in stock hole location
14. Install belts to proper tension.
15. Reassemble in reverse order.
4,868 total views